State of HawaiiLegislative Reference Bureau
The State of Hawaii Legislative Reference Bureau is a nonpartisan legislative service agency, that provides a wide variety of services to legislators, legislative committees, and members of the public.
What we’re working on
The LRB staff are hard at work assisting with the legislative session.
- Hear Here or Hear There? A Review of Centralizing Administrative Hearing Functions
- Blast from the Past: An Update to the Report of the Illegal Fireworks Task Force to the Legislature for the Regular Session of 2011
- Amendments to Session Laws 1982 to 2019
- Paid Family Leave Program Impact Study
- The Complexities of Enforcing Title IX and Related Laws: Past History, Current Status, and Future Directions
- 2018 Admin Rules – Supplement
- Medical Cannabis Insurance Reimbursement Working Group
- Joining Forces? Potential Consolidation of State Law Enforcement Duties in Hawaii
- AG Opinions – 1985 to Present
- Creating Better Outcomes Safer Communities
- Straight Shooting: An Objective Review of Hawaii Firearms Laws and Related Statistics
- Report Of The Affordable Health Insurance Working Group
- Interim Report of the HCR85 Task Force on Effective Incarceration Policies and Improving Hawaii’s Correctional System
- Panacea or Pipe Dream: Does Portugal’s Drug Decriminalization Policy Translate for Hawaii?
- Hawaii Administrative Rules Drafting Manual
LRB’s Guide to Government
& Hawaii Government Directory
The fourteenth edition of Guide to Government in Hawaii, a periodic companion volume to the Directory of State, County and Federal Officials, revises and updates the earlier edition. Following the thirteenth edition’s basic format, this Guide describes state and county departments and their organization and the agencies of the federal government having offices in Hawaii. Organizational charts of the state government, state departments, and the counties are also included.